It's tuesday night, and what a tuesday it's been.
Monday was goood though, real good, so let's jump back to that!
After mowing an entire batch of banana cookies (sigh:( ) I at least had a successful albeit awkward first workout on this circa 1970 stationary cycle my mom and her boyfriend brought over in preparation for their provincial move this May. This thing is huge! It must weigh as much as I do, and it's much bigger, so much so that I
I followed up with a little strength yoga, mm it was nice. After that the night really took off, Babooshka came and we had an amazing healthy vegan dinner! While neither of us are vegan, I eat vegan a lot (as such so does he hehe). I appreciate how much whole food you consume in vegan meals, how easy it is on the body and on the planet. Modern generations generally don't realize how much more MEAT! we consume than generations past. It's an unhealthy staple for a diet, as meat is typically hard to digest (~3 days in the human body,) it is more consuming to produce than plant matter and offers less necessary nutritional value, one might think it would be more like a side to a delicious dish of vegetables, fruits and grains...
On that note, if you're dying to know what delicious body, animal and planet friendly dish we went for, it was the uber amazing Avocado Cream Sauce Loaded Spaghettini!
MMMM. We both lovee this dish, which is saying something, Stef is an avid fan of things meaty.
(Note this pasta I actually made tonight (Tuesday) for myself, sans the "loaded" veggies. This time I had it with simple carrot ribbons! Still delicious)
Avocado Cream Ribboned Carrots and Pasta
Inspired by Oh She Glows
- 1/2 small sized ripe Avocado, pitted
- 1 tbsp lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
- 1.5-1 garlic clove, to taste
- pinch kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 serving/3 oz of your choice of pasta (I used 3oz of whole wheat spaghettini)
- 1 medium carrot, skin removed with peeler, peeled into ribbons
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic clove, lemon juice, water and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta back into pot. Add carrot ribbons to pasta. Transfer carrot pasta mix to a serving bowl, pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately.
We went wild here and added some cheese as well! Out of the norm for me, my Babooshka's favorite, and admittedly delicious! *Pictured with Bellevitano Merlot shavings. Soo good!*
Note: This dish will not reheat well due to the avocado flesh, but can be made ahead of time by preparing and packaging sauce and pasta separately, refrigerating in sealed containers, and reheating the pasta before combining with sauce.
Served with a glass of Cupcake Farms Sauvignon Blanc this was an amazing meal!(Tonight too! :P)
Monday was one not unlike many others, back to the office, and to celebrate I did some late night baking! Check out these Tropical Coconut Chia Bars for a breakfast to inspire!
I can't begin to tell you how delicious these are, you'll simply have to taste them *drool*
I brought them to work this morning and they were very well loved, unfortunately only half this tray made it to this morning, and none of them exist now... Be fore warned.
Unfortunately you'll have to wait until tomorrow for that one, it's about time to call it a night in this house. It was a very long night and a long day, and I could use a good sleep! Maybe I can help myself from baking more goodies before bed again, ugh!
Until next time,